Solange can literally do no wrong. She’s so black. So artistic. So talented. So Houston. Shit. She’s pretty much everything that we could ask for.
SOLANGE HAS JUST ANNOUNCED THAT THE ALBUM WILL BE RELEASED TONIGHT! The visuals that she’s rolling out to get our palettes wet have snatched us all edgeless. Just when we were wondering how she could top A Seat at The Table’s visuals, she comes with this. She really came in like a quiet storm, right under our noses. Posting parts of the rollout as early as October of 2018. She used the black social network and matchmaking website Blackplanet.com to display her visuals. I must say I swooned. With short cryptic writings under each video or image, she left out just enough to intrigue us but also keep us waiting for more. Here are my reactions in the form of the cryptic messages she left us on Black Planet.com.
(1) I screamed. I cried. Solange was back.
— solange knowles (@solangeknowles) February 26, 2019
(2) This. bitch. Done. Did. It. Again. Andddd she got Mike Jones on the shit.
(3) I strapped my wig tight. I was still snatched.
(4) how? I cannot. I just….Dis way tew much.
(5) Ouch Solange. Your white cowboy boots on my neck hurts.
(6) Bitch how do you stunt on a whole country in nothing but glass….. #StreetsIsDone
(7) Standing on columns. This woman is a whole GODDESS. >_<
(8) I had nothing left to give after seeing these. NOTHING.
Solange you are the shit and we can’t wait for the album. We are ready. WE ARE COUNTING DOWN!
Shout out to her team for making these visuals do what it do:
Shot by @renellaice
Market Editor and Assistant: @chelamitchell
Pole Dance by @neyon_tree
And to the rest that I didn’t mention!
Join the NAVEY and get updates delivered to your inbox every single month! Each story is lovingly designed and produced by me, Nave.